Sunday, July 13, 2008

Missionary Work

Yes, I know. I suck at blogging...but I really think it's because I really hate the fact that my blog looks so boring...no pictures, no cool stories, etc. So, you'll all just have to be resigned to the fact that I'M boring. sad.

Anyway, recently, Jared has become the best friend to the missionaries that serve in our ward. He has a passion for missionary work and he's really good at it. I, on the other hand, am terrified to talk about the Church. I'm definitely not ashamed of what I know, but I feel really inadequate when it come to talking about it...like i'm going to leave someone with false doctrine. However, since the missionaries love Jared and are all about having members fellowship the investigators, Jared and I have actually been going to discussions! On average, we go to 2 lessons a week...and today, we're giving a ride to an investigator mom and her 4 kids. So cool! So, this is what I feel like right now (minus the boy part of it):


It's a really cool feeling! This Spirit that can be felt during a discussion is, for me, really different from the feeling of what you feel in church. It's awesome and I love that I get to be a part of it!

On another topic, Jared sold his first sign! I'm so happy, proud, and relieved! I was beginning to get the horrible, pessimistic idea that nothing was ever going to happen with his company (for all of those that don't know, Jared recently started his own sign company...selling signs for buildings and monuments). Seriously, if you know ANYONE that needs a building sign, please refer them to this website : www.signsxtra.com Jared's really proud of it!

So, I was just recently called to be the Laurel Advisor in my ward. Um...i'm only like 3 or 4 years older than some of them, so I didn't think they would call me to that position. But, clearly, this is wear the Lord wanted me. Shantelle Peterson, the YW president, told me that some other leaders were pushing for me to be in with Mia Maids or Beehives, but she felt really strongly that I needed to be in Laurels. I'm so grateful for her listening to the Spirit! I'm so privileged to be able to work side by side with her and Truly Huish. It's funny tho...Shantelle is the wife of the 2nd counselor in my bishopric and Truly is the Bishop's wife. So, either the Lord feels like I have a lot I can learn from these amazing women, or Jared is going to be called to be the 1st Counselor? (scary!)

5 comments:

Tim and Katy Glemser said...

Congrats on selling the sign, doing missionary work, and being in Laurels! I know the feeling of starting up your own business. We are pulling through that right now. And we'll definitely look at Jared's site...might need a sign soon! Good luck with everything!

Stacy said...

Congrats on getting called to YW! I am in the Beehives and I LOVE it! If you do anything super uber fun let me know!

Cajsa said...

Woo hoo lisa! that is all soooo exciting! And by the way! WAYYYY cute blog changes! i love it!

Megan said...

Hooray for working with the Young Women! I have been in primary ever since I turned 18 and I absolutely love it- but I hope that with the move maybe I'll get something different for a change. And that is really exciting with your husband's business! congrats!

Ashley Pedersen said...

Missionary work is the best! Garth says hi! And we should totally get together sometime. And meet. haha