Thursday, August 7, 2008

Conflicted

I'm staying home from work today. Now, based on this blog title, some of you may assume that I lied to my boss to use a sick day...but no. I really am sick. The reason I'm conflicted is because I'm happy and sad about it. I feel a huge responsibility for my job...I feel really bad when I'm not there to do my part. And, I know that if just one person is gone, it's kind of a struggle to get everything done. On the other hand, I'm VERY secretly pleased with myself for giving in to my needs and taking a day off. It's like a mini-vacation in my mind to stay home from work, even if I am sick and can't enjoy the time off as completely as I could if I was healthy. I'm really doing a little victory dance inside that looks like this:


Seriously folks. WHY WHY WHY do I feel so guilty about missing work? That's insane! And not only that, I feel guilty if I miss church or school because of sickness too! Why! I'm retarded...

6 comments:

KeLSie ORdonEz said...

Haha, I am TOTALLY that same way. I never called in to work, even if I felt sick, because I would have this guilty feeling, even just thinking of staying home. Although, I did call in sick once, and all day I kept thinking that when I got back to work they would look at me and think "yeah, you look so sick to us! mmmm, hmmmm!" Even though I knew I didn't fake it, I felt like others would think it. WEIRD! I don't know...lol Well, i hope you get better!!

JaimieA said...

Wow I'm totally the opposite! Yes of course I feel bad when I call in sick and then I quickly get over it! But of course I'm actually never sick, so I have to make it up, it's only fair, sick people get so much time off...

Tay said...

Don't feel silly. I cry. Every time. It started in 2nd grade when i went home with the flu. You know what, i don't just cry, i bawl my eyes out. There's something within that just makes me feel like some sort of failure and that i've let people down for not going and that, like kelsie said above, others will judge me as faking it. lol i officially am ridiculous.

Rachael Ball said...

Hey Lisa! Yeah my whole family did end up moving to New Zealand. Long story short. I decided to move over here and then my family ended up moving back as well because of my dad's business stuff. So we are all over here and it is a blast!!

Tyler and Karisa said...

Hey Lisa... Hope you remember me. I'm Krystal's sister and I know who you are. Anyway, I just saw that you are expecting on Facebook... I hope I saw that right. Congrats if it's the truth! How exciting! :)

EmileeandJonny said...

LISA- How I found you I don't even remember, I'm just learning this blog hopping stuff! You look so darn cute- and I totally know how you feel about the cleaning. I keep telling Jonny once he buys me a house I will keep it spik and span clean!!! haha