Friday, August 29, 2008

updates, updates

Ok...so again, it's been a long time since I've posted...which is kinda sad because I was doing REALLY well for a while. I was pretty proud of that :(.
A LOT has gone on lately and I hardly know where to start! So, this will be just a quick update on some changes in my life recently:

First and foremost: I AM PREGNANT!!!! There are people that think I'm silly for telling this soon (although I don't think 8 weeks is too early), but everyone who really knows me (and my family will testify to this), knows that I SUCK at keeping important secrets. Honestly. I used to tell Robert what his presents were going to be. And I kept my ears out for stuff too...I was kinda an awkward kid looking something like this:
(except, I looked nothing like Will Smith :)
Anyway, both Jared and I are VERY excited and I honestly can't wait until I'm really fat! I love pregnant bellies! Also, I've been very fortunate not to be that sick. I've only actually thrown up once! I've learned I just have to keep food in my tummy. So, we're gonna have a little Taylor Kelly Payne or Jared Gavin Payne in April (the estimated date is April 9th).
In other news, we're back to house hunting. And, we actually found a house we're putting an offer on! It's out in Queen Creek and it's PERFECT! It's this cute little 1600 sqfoot house with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms...and get this: it's only $100,000! So cheap! It's less than a block away from my sister and her family too (all of them are really hoping we get it). Anyway, it's out at Ironwood and Ocotillo..so I'll need to find a new job. There is NO WAY that I want to drive all the way out to freaking 7th st and Thunderbird in North Phoenix if I'm living in Queen Creek...so I'm kinda job hunting right now.

I think I've already talked about this, but I'm one of the Laurel advisors in my ward. I LOVE my calling! honestly, this is the first time that i've ever felt like I'm exactly where the Lord wants me to be. My past callings I've liked and I know bishops are called of God and give callings based on the Spirit, but I REALLY feel that this time! I love my girls! they are just so cool and everything that I wish I'd been back then!

11 comments:

EmileeandJonny said...

Yay, I will be the first to congratulate you on your blog! Having a baby is so fun

Tim and Katy Glemser said...

Congratulations Lisa!!! I'm SO happy for you! You'll be a great mom. And that's super exciting about your home!

Kristi K. said...

Wow Wow Wow- lots going on for you!! That is so exciting!! Keep us all posted!! Congrats by the way!

rachel said...

Okay, although I knew this news already, that was a very exciting post. A house, a baby, you're movin on up!! I just want you guys to live closer to us!!!

Rach =o) said...

Congratulations!!! On the pregnancy first and formost and on the house too! What neighborhood is it in?

Ian and Kristen said...

Congrats Lisa! That is so exciting! You will absolutely love being a mom- it's the best! Hope you continue to feel well and everything goes good for you!

KeLSie ORdonEz said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!! Hope your pregnancy goes well!!! Also, goold luck with getting the house....don't you just love the prices?? We need to hurry and get us a house while everything is soooo cheap!!! Hope everything works out great!!

EmileeandJonny said...

LISA- responding to your post on my blog- No we actually don't have season tickets to ASU football this season. We are wanting to buya house within the next little bit so I told Jonny we needed to save that money! However, his parents have season tickets so I think we will still go pretty often, I think they are in section 213... How about you guys where are yours? Maybe I'll see you at a game like we did last year!

Alicia said...

I actually heard awhile ago that you were pregnant, but just realized that I never congratulated you. So, Congratulations!! That is way exciting!

Rachael B. said...

congrats on the pregnancy! That is so exciting!!

Jenny said...

Congrats Lisa! And I love the baby ticker--my sister-in-law has one up on her blog so it made me laugh to see it on yours too. I think it's awesome! Good luck with everything!