Monday, October 20, 2008

Some more ramblings...

Yesterday was my wards Primary Program. Can I just say that I'm pretty sure all of the cutest LDS kids in Arizona are in my ward? because, I'm pretty sure that's true! Primary Program day is probably my favorite day of the year when it comes to Sacrament meeting!
So, the program starts out with one of the most adorable children in the world (one of my old nursery kids, who's a Sunbeam now), Halle Sanders, singing the first verse, minus the chorus, to "I Am A Child of God". There was a little narration as the piano plays in the background, and then one of my other old nursery kids, Keaton Sanchez, gets up and sings the 2nd verse, minus the chorus. (It was really cute tho...his mom is in the Primary Presidency and she was sitting by the podium throughout the program in case anyone needed help, and when Keaton looked at her, he starts shaking his head really furiously like he's not going to sing...but then he just turns his head and starts! it was so funny!). 2 other children do the same thing for the 3rd and 4th verse (which i didn't know existed, but maybe was just done for the programs?).
On a more serious note, I honestly have never felt the Spirit that strong with that song before. But, hearing these tiny little children singing it really hit home to me...these kids REALLY GET IT! They feel and know that they are literal children of Heavenly father. These children are SO PRECIOUS to our Heavenly Father, and that makes me feel very special to think that He is entrusting me, who's totally not worthy of any of His love and affection, with one of his special children. I love my Heavenly Father so much and I'm so grateful to get to see His light through the eyes of little childen!

6 comments:

JaimieA said...

My single's ward is going to have a primary program this next week...I don't know how it's going to work, but it sounds dumb to have single adults performing it...I think I'll just go to my parents ward instead

Lisa and Jared said...

ya that's wierd

nate and marne said...

yeah, we had ours a few weeks ago, and it's especially fun when it's your kids up there. it always brings tears to my eyes when they sing out so well!! and on a funnier note, caleb said he wanted to go show bekah something, but i thought he said grandma. so i said, go quick. so he runs up the aisle, and almost made it up the stairs before i caught him. that was pretty funny!! and embarrassing!

Linda and Rhonda said...

My single's ward had a primary program last week and I loved it. They had the primary from the ward before us present it for us. It was so neat! I've always loved the primary program (except for maybe when I was a sunbeam teacher and had to whisper in everyone's ear).

Malita said...

So there is definately a 4th verse. The primary kids sang it at conference at the beginning of the month. The words are available on the church website i belive

rachel said...

I know what you mean, I would seriously get teary every week during singing time when I was in the primary. You are going to be such a good mom Lisa.