Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OH BABY!

Due to the fact that Lisa is currently unable to post for herself (and never does when she IS able), I (her beloved sister-in-law) have taken it upon myself to update everyone on the Paynes.
On Sunday, April 5th, Lisa began having regular contractions. By 10pm that evening, Jared and Lisa were on their way to the hospital. After an epidural, several hours of labor, and THREE AND A HALF HOURS of pushing, nothing. Unfortunately, Lisa's OBGYN was on leave due to surgery. The on-call doc came in and assessed the situation. After trying to turn the baby and such, it was decided that Lisa would have to resort to plan B: a c-section.
At 7:32am on Monday, April 6th, Taylor Kelly Payne graced the world with her presence. At 6lbs 8oz and 19 3/4" long, tiny Taylor stole the hearts of her parents immediately, not to mention everyone who has met her since! Both mommy and baby are doing great!

Lisa about a week before baby
(proof that she really WAS pregnant)

Mommy and baby!

Miss Taylor Kelly Payne

Such a sad face!

Hopefully there will be more to come... eventually

12 comments:

EmileeandJonny said...

Yay! Congrats Lisa!!! Sorry to hear you had a c-sec. Hopefully you will recover quickly! She is beautiful!

nate and marne said...

yay for you guys! congrats!! sorry to hear about the endless pushing, but thank goodness for epidurals! she's a cutie, and i hope you get some sleep sometime!! :)

Dave and Jodi said...

Yay she is here!! Im so happy for you and she is beautiful!

Ben and Annalee said...

thanks for posting sis in law! Congrats Jared & Lisa, she is beautiful. What a perfect size! Let us know if you need any help. We'll bring dinner by sometime!

Wendy said...

Yea! Congratulations Jared & Lisa, what a wonderful day! Your lives will never be the same, but only in the best way possible. Kids are THE BEST things in the world. I'm so glad that you are doing well and she is absolutely beautiful! I love that 2nd to last picture, it looks like she is already smiling!

HELLO my name is Jill said...

oh yay! she's so purdy... congrats. and how come I didn't know you had a blog????????????? So glad you put pics up! can't wait to meet her in person :)

jennydoody said...

Oh my goodness!!! DARLING!!! You two have a beutiful baby!! I'm so so happy for you!!

Lolo said...

Congratulations you guys!! She is so stinkin cute!!!! What a beautiful sweet n snuggly new member of the family,Im so happy for you guys! I hope your little family is doing well. =)

imastampin said...

I'm so happy that she is safely here! Welcome baby. Congratulations Mommy and Daddy! I can't wait to meet her.

Hugs,
Aunt Karen

Nathaniel and Rachel Allen! said...

I love her I love her I looooooooove her :) Can't wait to see her + you again!!!!

erin said...

Congratulations!Hope you are doing well!

Lana said...

I just wanted to let you know I started my blog back up and my mom will be posting my letters that I write from the mission if your interested! love ya!