Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good Things




I'm really happy today! I feel like really positive things have been going on in my life lately (or else, I'm just better at focusing on those things rather than the negative). Here's a list of some reasons why I'm happy today:

-I did some online family history indexing last night. Sacrament Meeting last Sunday was all about the need to do indexing, and I really felt like I needed to do it. I'm NOT a motivated person, so when I feel an urge to do something like this, I HAVE to jump on it or else I never will. So, I started doing it and I LOVE it! I used to do it with my mom YEARS ago before it was all computerized...I know it's a little strange, but I LOVE data entry. And, I feel like I don't really have time to research and do my own family history, so I feel really happy that I've found a way to contribute and help someone else with their own geneology.

-We had a little FHE with Taylor on Monday about Jesus and how He loves us. Obviously, it was a VERY short lesson, but in the middle of the lesson, Taylor grabbed the framed picture of Christ out of our hands and hugged it to herself with a big smile on her face. It was the SWEETEST moment! I really believe that she understood that her Heavenly Father loves her, even if she can't tell us.

-I found out that from now on, my EVMCO rehearsals are going to start a half hour later, which will allow me to spend a little bit more time with Taylor and I'll be able to put her to bed! Hooray for not being a dead-beat mommy!

-My boss's wife is working in the office now and Wednesdays and Fridays. I LOVE her! I feel like she spreads happiness and positiveness wherever she goes! She's such an uplifting individual (which is sorely needed in our office environment).

- I'm in the process of reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's been really slow going because I don't have TONS of time to read and because, while I know it's going to amazing, I've had a really hard time getting into it since I can only read it a few minutes at a time. However, I'm starting to really enjoy it! And, even though it's going to take me a long time to read it, I've been able to get lists of books to read next...so by the time I finish, I don't think I'll EVER run out of things to read!

Well, I know there's more things going on in my life right now, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head :) I love being happy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay! Lord of the Rings!! You've been converted, my child.

I've been wanting to get started indexing too but I've been putting it off. Ugh, hate it when I do that.

And how do you like the high chair? Is it a good one?