Friday, December 10, 2010

Updates, updates, updates.

So. There are many things that I should document, due to the fact that I never blog regularly, so this will just be a smorgasbord of random things....have fun!

-I don't work full time any more!!! HOORAY!!! My husband got hired full-time at my office doing computer IT stuff, so I needed to cut my hours to make it possible to have someone to watch Taylor. I do, however, need to work no less than 32 hours to keep my medical benefits (which is necessary if we ever want to have another baby). So, it's not TONS of time with Taylor, but it's a good six hours a week that I didn't have before. It's been really fun! I could tell a difference in her happiness (although she's a very well-adjusted child, she still missed her momma) in just the first few days. It's been such a blessing! I can't wait until I can be a full-time stay-at-home momma. Motherhood is AWESOME! Challenging, but awesome.

-Currently, I am listening to the sound of Taylor screaming in her bedroom. I put her down for a nap (which she hates), and it's day 3 of no "boppo" (if you don't know what that it, see previous post). Now, I'm not sure how much of her unhappiness is due to the lack of her boppo friend or her gneral distaste for naptime. But, I have to keep a keen ear out...she has this new fun game where she'll throw everything out of the crib when she gets really mad. Then, when she has nothing left to throw, she takes of her pants and diaper and throws THEM out of the crib (my Father-in-Law has had to deal with this the most as he usually watches her in the morning...he's had to wash her sheets about 5 times in the last 2 weeks...but there has only been 1 poopy diaper experience...). I just used random types of tape on the diaper tabs (there is a surprising lack of duct tape in this household) and hope that discourages her...we'll see what happens.

-EVMCO had the most AMAZING christmas concert last weekend (if you don't know what EVMCO is, click here. I didn't actually get to hear since I was participating in the choir (and with a 200 voice choir and full orchestra, it's hard enough to hear yourself, much less what the whole group sounds like), but the whole thing was amazing. If you missed it, you really missed out. We have another performance in March titled "Bring the World His Truth." One of the directors, Brett Stewart, is an amazing, talented composer, and has composed an oratorio entitled "Messiah in America." The entire text comes straight out of 3 Nephi. It is going to be REALLY amazing, and I'm so glad that I get to be a part of it. Tickets are already on sale and can be purchased through the Mesa Arts Center by clicking here.

-I am always looking for new music. I tend to get stuck in a rut of what I love and then never expand. I currently love Sara Bareilles, Ingrid Michaelson, Jason Mraz, A Fine Frenzy, and Brandi Carlisle. My friend at work introduced me to Florence and the Machine, and it has me intrigued. I want more! Suggestions? I like music that is heavy on vocals...but even if it's rap, as long at the singer can actually SING and sing well (I guess I'm a little bit of a snob in that regard...), I'm not picky on the genre. Any suggestions?

Well, I need to start getting ready to go in to work. Peace out!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

2 of my favorite artists right now are William Fitzsimmons and Rosi Golan!

Darci Shumway Cole said...

how come I can't see any words on your blog? :-(

Darci Shumway Cole said...

Wait, for some reason it didn't load the background the first time, so it was black letters on black background... I can see it now tho :-)

Ben and Annalee said...

oh no, hopefully nap time gets better! And you don't work full time anymore but work 32 hours?! You're so funny, that's still full time to me! :) I can't work more than 28 hours at my job b/c then I'd be full time and would receive benefits. I wish I could have benefits but not work full time. :) I'm on bed rest and miss out on everythihng but in March I'm off bed rest so maybe I will make it to that one! But then I could have a baby by then so who knows?!