Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 02- Why you got a blog

I actually altered this questions. Originally, it was "why you got a tumblr account" because I stole this challenge off of a tumblr account. I don't have a tumbl account, and I don't really even know what tumblr is. Is it like a blog?

Anyway, I digress. I started this blog so that I could keep family and friends up to date with the goings-on in my life. Clearly, I've done an awesome job of that. I'm not sure why I thought I'd actually stick to it. Every journal I've ever started is half-filled. I love to go back and read them, but they are far from complete. Apparently, I have a problem with follow-through when it comes to documenting events. Blach!

Now, on a more personal level, since that was a boring question, I will tell about a couple of amazing compliments I've recieved recently. Not because I want to toot my own horn, but because they made me feel so good and because I want to put them in writing so I can come back to them on days I'm feeling down.

The first one has to do with my employer's family. The Jacksons are amazing, and what I like to describe as an extremely good looking family. Seriously. All of them are absolutely stunning. But not only that. The Jackson kids that I've had the opportunity to work with are some of the most humble, gracious people that I've ever met. They're very non-judgemental and unassuming. JC (my boss), has a heart of gold. Lyn (his wife), is one of the most positive-thinking people I've ever met. Even on one of her stressed days, I feel uplifted just being around her. So, what does this family have to do with the compliment I've received? Well, a couple of people have asked if I WAS a Jackson. Now, realistically, I know it has more to do with my similar coloring and build than anything else, but someone simply putting me in the same category as this family made me so flabbergasted. It was awesome.

The second compliment will be described very vaguely, just in case people know the individuals I'm talking about (I don't want to hurt feelings). So, I was talking to an adult that I really look up to and was letting her know some insecurities that I have about a responsibilty I have (sorry so vague). She let me know that she never would have guessed that..that I always present myself in front of the group very well. Then she told me that there is one person in particular, who can sometimes be difficult, that she thinks I "handle" particularly well. I started laughing and told her that I always feel like my face betrays the frustration that I feel towards that particular person, but she said that my facial expressions never betray me, and that I always manage to word things in such a way as to get back on track with what I need to get done, all while managing not to offend anyone. That was such a relief to me and really boosted my confidence in the responsibilites that I've been asked to fulfill. Apparently, I'm a much better actress than I think I am!

I will close with a random picture, courtesy of Google Images, to spruce up this post a little bit:


Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: