Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 12 and 13

Yesterday was kinda crazy and busy, what with working and then my baby sister graduating from high school, so I missed the post I was supposed to do yesterday. So, to make it up, I'll do two today.

Day 12: Pet Peeve

I have many pet peeves...particularly at work. I'll only single out one, however...otherwise this would be a very loooooooooooong post. One of my biggest pet peeves has to do with puntcuality. I am, by nature, a very time-cautious person. I am on time to events and things 99% of the time. Sometimes me getting to places on time requires me to plan ahead and start getting ready for something 2 hours early...whatever it takes. I also start to get anxiety if I (or we, meaning Jared and I) are running behind the schedule I made up in my mind (and Jared knew nothing about). It's pretty bad, actually. Now, I have lightened up a bit, and I don't feel so bad being a few minutes late to certain things. But, my BIGGEST problem is when we make plans with some friends and they don't give us the same courtesy that we provide them (ie: calling when we're going to be late). I understand being 5-10 minutes late to dinner or whatever else we'd planned. But, when when people are like 20-30 min late with no sort of thought, it's irritating. Ohh! It also really bugs me when my coworkers mosey into work 10-15 min late consistently and think that it's ok. It's a JOB people! It requires RESPONSIBILITY! and ACCOUNTABILITY!
ok. Off my soap box. Sorry...I get a little crazy about that stuff!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 13- a Letter to a Person Who Has Hurt You Recently

Dear person,
I feel like since our relationship started, almost 3 years ago, that you've never cared much for me. I'm not sure what I've done to upset you or make you dislike me, but I'm sorry for whatever it is. I'm deeply sorry if you feel like I've over-stepped my bounds in some way or if you feel like I'm just trying to "replace" you in some way. To be honest, while I think the way you do some things is a little more difficult than it needs to be, I sure as heck don't want to replace you. I don't WANT to be in the situation that I'm in now, so why would I want to take on more? I also really feel that because you've never cared much for me, you grossly underestimate me and my abilities. I wasn't trying to control what C was doing or how she was doing it. She looked overwhelmed, and I had some time, so I did what any decent person would do and offered to help. For you to basically tell me that I'm only valuable in sticking to doing what I'm most experienced in is crap. I'm an excellent listener/observer and could really probably help out and be an asset in ANY capacity. Also, I'm very honest with myself when it comes to time management and my limits, and you've known me long enough that you should know that. If I'm offering to help someone, it's BECAUSE I'm in a situation that I CAN. I really wish that you would just trust me. I'm excellent at what I do, and the way you've treated me, almost since day 1 has been unwarranted. I know I'm not perfect. I'm perfectly aware of my shortcomings, and while I'm fine taking criticism, I refuse to own up to something that is unfair and untrue. If you paid more attention to everything else that you're supposed to, rather than focusing on waiting for me to screw up, everything surrounding our situation would probably be more favorable. Just be happy, Ok? You're life and everyone else's life around you will be better

Thanks.

-Lisa

No comments: