Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The List

Lately, for a variety of reasons, I've been feeling pretty down. Which is lame. But, what is especially lame is that when I start to feel down, I go in a terrible downward spiral of doom...my mind is drawn to everything in my life that I can skew as unfortunate. So, yesterday as I was driving home from work in my haze of gloom, I remembered that in junior high/high school when I started to get a little "blah", I'd make a list of everything good in my life...and that always helped. Because I felt like I may need a reminder of the "GOOD THINGS", I thought I'd blog the list so I can easily look back at it.

THE LIST
-I have the smartest, cutest daughter of all time.
-I have a husband who loves me and who does a pretty dang good job of handling me.
-I have awesome in-laws who graciously allow us to live with them
-I have awesome in-laws who babysit my kid for free which allows me to help contribute to our family financially so we can get out of debt
-I love the power of the Priesthood
-I can read the scriptures and it always brings me peace
-Kelly and Jason and Sam are visiting
-I got to see the Pettits
-I have a super awesome, fun calling
-I have the Gospel
-my "check engine" light isn't on anymore
-I finished the second book in the Lord of the Rings trilogy...that much closer to being able to read whatever I want!!!
-I have easy pregnancies
-I work in a pain mgt/physical therapy office where the providers take care of all of my aches and pains for free
-Sara Bareilles music
But most of all, I'm so grateful for my Savior and the Atonement. I love the fact that even these stupid feelings that make me feel so insignificant are feelings that He understands and experienced so that I'd have someone who knows exactly what I feel...for no other reason than the fact that He loves me. That, more than anything else helps me out of my "funks". I love my Savior and Heavenly Father...I can't imagine how depressing my life would be without the knowledge of Their love for me.

2 comments:

nate and marne said...

good for you lisa! i need to do this more often when i get in a funk! usually, i just let myself spiral for a while. i hope you feel better, and i am right there with you on a lot of those things on your list!

Kelly said...

Ooooo we made the happy list! *does a happy dance*