Sunday, October 2, 2011

Baby Abby is HERE!!!

Entering the world on Sept 30th, 2011 at 8:35am in the morning:

is Abby Rose Payne (photo complements of Leigh over at lrootphotography). She weighed in at 7lbs 11 oz and 19.5 inches long. She has BLACK hair (and tons of it....and I mean TONS...it's ALL over her body!) and the sweetest little disposition!

THE STORY
Because of some structural issues my body has (I will never be able to deliver a baby vaginally), Abby was a planned c-section. Let me tell you how weird it is to know exactly when you are going to deliver the baby that you've been carrying around for 9 months....it's really strange and kind of anti-climatic. My surgery was scheduled for 9am at Banner Gateway, but I had to be there by 7am to get all the pre-op stuff done (blood work, a complete round of IV antibiotics to help prevent any infection). However, even though I wasn't supposed to be having the surgery until 9, some crazy stuff happened (something about the girl scheduled before me having her water break and they had to get her in earlier than scheduled), and I was being wheeled into post-op after surgery at the time my surgery was SUPPOSED to be. It was pretty awesome. And, while Dr. Beck was finishing closing me up, he was joking about how this was the first time in 25 years that he'd finished both scheduled c-sections before they were supposed to start and how he didn't know what he was going to do for the rest of the day.
Anyway, Abby right away showed a bit of her personality right away by pulling her hair and fidgeting...The first thing I heard, even before her cry, was Dr Beck saying "Wow...she's a feisty one"...and then "she's got big feet". It's awesome. Really though, she's been a pretty sweet baby! She sleeps really well and took to breast feeding RIGHT away! We did find out that she has a little heart murmur, but so far, it's been asymptomatic, and all of the dr's expect it to correct itself within next few months. Apparently, heart murmurs are EXTREMELY common, so I'm not really worried.

Sorry this isn't a very exciting or elaborate post. I don't really have an exciting birth story since it was a scheduled c-section (although, due to my last scar being more dramatic than Dr. Beck felt it should be, he did a little tummy tuck on me to get rid of that scar..BONUS!), and I don't think I'd know how to make the story sound exciting, even if it was exciting. But, I did want to record some memories and thoughts after an overload of photos :)

This was taken just minutes before leaving for the hospital...I'm 39 weeks and 1 day pregnant (and this is literally the only pic I have of me being pregnant..)




Abby is on the left, and her future husband, Simon Allen, is on the right (j/k). My good friend Rachel was still in the hospital after having Simon 2 days earlier, they paid Abby and I a visit shortly after I got to my room. I am SO happy that I got to see them and that they were coincidentally at the same hospital that we were. That was so fun!

Now for some thoughts:
I have always marveled at the creative powers of our Heavenly Father, but I can't get over how perfectly formed little babies are. Everything from their little perfect ears and perfect noses are just so awe-inspiring to me. I remember going to the zoo a few years ago and marveling at how amazing and beautiful all the animals are (and really, some of them are just WEIRD looking! You know that God has a sense of humor by how funny some of the animals are...how does one come up with the idea of a giraffe? Or how similar zebra and horses are, but zebras a super klutzy in comparison), and how much thought and time was put into the creation of each one. How much more time must He have spent on the creation of each one of us? Each and every person is distinctly different in looks, personality, and demeanor. It really blows my mind. But, looking at my tiny newborn baby just fills me with the feeling of love that I know my Heavenly Father has for each and every one of us! I am so grateful that He judged Jared and I fit to take care of not one, but two, of his choice spirit children. It's such a privilege, and I can only hope and pray to do a good enough job to make Him happy.

5 comments:

nate and marne said...

you summed it up pretty well. i feel privileged all the time, in between all the craziness that kids bring! kids really are amazing to observe. they come knowing instinctively who their parents are, and know just how to melt our hearts. i'm so happy for you guys! you make cute little ladies!

Aubrie said...

I am so, so excited for you!! What a sweet baby girl!!

Staceygirl said...

She's a beauty! Congratulations!

Lolo said...

She is sooooo beautiful, my goodness! Like a little angel! congratulations to momma, JT and tater!

Tyler and Karisa said...

Congrats to a beautiful and healthy girl! :)