Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bliss

Since this girl was born:
, I have been given the amazing blessing of being able to quit my job. For any of you that have known me for any amount of time, you will know that being a stay-at-home mom has been a dream of mine since I was a child. I feel EXTREMELY blessed to be in a financial situation that finally allows me to fulfill this dream.

One of the BEST things about being with my girls all day is being able to see how Taylor is developing. Please don't mistake this as me taking Abby for granted, because I sure as heck ain't; it's just that, up until now, I've missed out a lot on Taylor's life because of the previous need for me to work. I'm just trying to soak her up now, make up for lost time.
So, Taylor is 2.5 years old. I've talked about how hilarious she is in the past, but MAN! I love how her imagination and personality is shaping! This is what I've learned from her in the past couple of days:


I look at this with my adult eyes and see a seemingly ordinary baby hanger. Useful? Yes. Unexciting? Yes. BUT. In the eyes of a 2.5 year old, this is really a MAGIC WAND.

To me, this represents a mess that I have to clean up (yes, we own the complete series of "That 70's Show")...a mess that is irritating because it's something Taylor NEVER should have been playing with...much less removing every DVD from it's box...BUT. To a 2.5 year old, this is a very cleverly made CASTLE. It was really difficult to stay made at her for more than a few seconds when her cute little voice declared that that's what it was...AND she did help pick it all up and put it away).
I LOVE this little girl

...unmatched clothes and unruly hair and all.

PS
she actually has a MUCH cuter smile than the one in the picture...that's just her "camera smile" :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my Tati, what a girl she is.

Stephen and Amy said...

You quit?? YAY!! I'm happy for you! I know you've been wishing you could for so long :)

nate and marne said...

yay, i'm so happy for you! i totally agree, there are things that the kids do, and the personality that doesn't come out unless you are home to see it all day. how fun. now we can get the girls together to play!!