Sunday, November 6, 2011

Who'da Thunk?

When Taylor was born, she was 6lbs 8 oz...which is pretty small, right? Well, she's always been steadily small. Never really had a growth spurt. Always in the lower percentiles for growth. I mean, take a look at this picture of her at about 2 weeks:

Look at how BAGGY that Newborn sized onesie is on her! And, she didn't outgrow the newborn sized clothing for at LEAST 3 or 4 months. No joke. So, after that, who'd a thought that I'd have a 5 week old who EASILY fits into 3 month outfits?:


She's not really a chunker, but I can't believe how fast she's growing! I figured between me being smallish as a kid (although I was a FAT baby) and Jared's Puerto Rican and Jewish heritage (both stereotypically small), we'd always just have small kids....but maybe not?

In other news, here is a hilarious video of Taylor watching Handy Manny (please disregard the fact that she's busy chewing her toenails):

video
Ok. This was like the 6th time she'd seen that clip! Everytime the skeleton moved and/or fell over, she'd crack up and ask us to rewind it so she could watch it again. Hear how cute her laugh is? At that point, it was a little fake, but isn't it such a cute sound?

In other news, about a year and a half ago, I agreed to read this before reading ANY other book by the request of Jared:
Jared LOVES this trilogy and has read it an unbelievably obscene amount of times. I knew it was something that was important to him, and I love to read, so I said I'd do it....I FINALLY finished it after a YEAR AND A HALF! Don't get me wrong; the were REALLY good! WAY better than the movies, and I LOVE the movies. But, it was really difficult for me to get past all the description (brilliant, but frequent), and I couldn't get into it enough to keep from reading it more than sporadically. But, IT'S FINISHED!! Now I can read other books...I have such a long "to read" list. I'm excited. However, I do have to say that I definitely don't regret reading LOTR...I just regret how long it took me to finish it (which is totally my fault.). Anyway, if anyone has any "Must read" recommendations, throw them my way please! I've already complete the Hunger Games trilogy (it took me a year and a half to read LOTR, but only 3 days to finish this trilogy...yipes!), currently reading The Help, and am trying to get my hands on a copy of The Book Thief...but feel free to suggest anything beyond that!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh why does she chew on her toes?

Stephen and Amy said...

ABBY IS A CUTIE!!! Not all really young babies are actually CUTE, but she is! And I love Taylor's laugh...the toenail thing grossed me out a bit...but meh. :P And, you've inspired me to pick up my copy of Two Towers that I haven't touched since school started. Love you :)

Kelly said...

Oh and we liked Michael Vey prisoner of cell 25 or something like that. It's a quick read.